1) Prior to commencing any work on the premises, the contractor must provide Bonnet Shores Beach Club with a Certificate of Insurance showing a minimum limit of General Liability coverage in the amount of $500,000. The Certificate should show Bonnet Shores Beach Club Condominium Association, Inc. and Bonnet Shores Beach Club, Inc. as additional insured’s. The contractor will not be permitted to commence any work on the premises without first providing the Certificate of Insurance to the Manager of the Club.
2) Any unit alterations, modifications, or improvements require the submission of a clear plan to the BSBC Management Office describing the proposed modification by word and diagram. The electrical source and the water supply line must be indicated on the plan. A separate plan proposal is required for each unit.
3) The BSBC Board of Directors will review each plan for its compliance with the BSBC Bylaws. When approved, a “Letter of Approval” will be issued to the Unit Owner, who must then take the letter to the Town of Narragansett to obtain all required Municipal Permits. No construction may begin without said permits.
4) A copy of all permits must be submitted to the BSBC Management Office to be placed in the unit file. All construction appointments and work schedules must be approved my BSBC Management before work may begin. During the construction periods, the original permits must be visibly and conspicuously displayed within the unit.
5) A licensed contractor must do all electrical and/or plumbing work. The Unit Owner will register the contractor’s license information in writing with the BSBC Management Office. A Unit Owner personally performing electrical or plumbing work inside a unit shall so notify the BSBC Management Office in writing. In such cases the Board of Directors reserves the right to conduct inspections, at the Unit Owner’s expense, for compliance, of the electrical and/or plumbing work, with the appropriate codes authority.
6) The Board of Directors recommends keeping the seasonal use and seaside location of the property in mind when choosing interior finish products. Sheetrock and plaster ceilings and walls have proven to be problematic, therefore, the Board strongly suggests consideration be given to finish materials that are less susceptible to moisture damage.
7) Construction work is permitted on Weekdays only – Monday through Friday between the hours of 8 AM and 6 PM. Upon arrival, all contractors are required to sign in at the club office. Unit Owner’s must give the contractor a key to the unit, Management will not open a unit for any contractor.